Sequence of Events
1. Repair rot spots, damage, etc.
2. Energy seal around windows, doors, butt joints. This will help
prevent water or blasting media from getting inside.
3. Clean/strip the old finish. Rinse well and allow wood to dry.
4. Borate treatment (optional). Allow to dry.
5. If more than 5 to 7 days have passed since step 3 or 4, wash down
surface with a diluted Log Wash solution. Rinse well and allow to dry.
6. Energy Seal areas where water or media entered home. Apply Check
Mate 2. Allow to cure at least 3 hours.
7. If blasted, apply Prelude, then stain. If pressure washed, apply
8. Repair, restore chinking if applicable.
9. Apply Log End Seal, Chink Paint.
10. Apply Advance Topcoat.